High End Salon
Cal BRE 01035303
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced and ambitious operator to step into a highly profitable & respected boutique salon with a 7-year track record of success.
The seller is ready to turn the business over to a new owner who can benefit from the following key assets:
• Turn-key salon business with successful, proven operating systems in place
• Fantastic location with great signage, exposure & constant walk by traffic off Pacific Avenue and Abbot Square in the heart of downtown Santa Cruz
• A steady stream of new walk-in & call-in clients
• Winner of Good Times “Best Of” contest 5 years in a row; 5-star Yelp rating
• Over $175K in high end, well-maintained furniture, custom fixtures, equipment & improvements. 5 stations and 2 shampoo bowls, 2 overhead dryers, reception counter, lab/mixing area with full sink & bar counter, abundant storage
• Great product lines with room to expand sales; 2018 – over $180K gross sales, $50K+ net
• 6+ years left on an under-market lease with an opportunity to propose further extensions for a qualified buyer
• Training period included in purchase; the seller may stay on as stylist.
In addition to the above, there is real potential for an energetic operator to expand the business and increase income through the following:
• Offer wedding hair & make-up
• Offer “green” natural & organic nail care
• Offer classes, host events in a great atmosphere
• Diversify product lines, high traffic area for sales
• Do targeted promotion to downtown workers, including, Amazon, Looker, Google, Kaiser Permanente
• Cater to the booming tourist market –men’s cuts & blow-outs
• House was designed with the possibility of expansion through the addition of a 2nd story, affording breath-taking views of the Bay and city lights (designed by local architect Tracy Johnson)
• School fees paid, planning fees paid, sewer permit paid. Existing water meter from the previous house on the property.